Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Mr. Davidson Events

1. 100 yard Dash
2. Standing Broad Jump
3. "5k"/Cake Race
4. Car Push
5. Spelling Bee
6. Field Goal Kicks
7. Mr. D Shuttle Run
8. Pole Hang
9. Laundry Bag Survival
10. Cinder Block Transfer

You will see that the Basketball throw has been replaced by the Field Goal Kicks, and the Cake Race has taken the place of the mile. Sorry Rix.
All events are subject to change, but contestants will be notified if and when the events change. As of July 4, no changes will be made to the event list.

We will also be holding 4 auxillary events that will add the "team element" to Mr. Davidson. These events will be:
1. Ultimate
2. Flickerball
3. Whiffle Ball
4. Basketball

Expect 5 "Decathlon" events per day, and 2 auxillary events per day. Begin the training, work out the legs, and drink lots of water.

Hayes Trotter
Mr. Davidson Event Technician

5 Comments:

Blogger willthespill said...

Wow,
How interesting. Just to clarify, there are quotation marks around the 5K- does that mean it is not really 5 kilometers, but some other length (because man, 3 miles is a lot more than 1). If so, that would be great to know. Also, will we actually be carrying cakes?
And the pole hang- will that be a horizontal or vertical pole?

11:55 AM  
Blogger Mr. Trotter said...

Will,
I believe the distance for the official "cake race" (the course run in '93, crutched by some) is just shy of 3 miles. I would have to research the distance, but others can weigh in with their expertise . . . . . and where they finished in the race. So "will we be carrying cakes?" No! But you just might have to eat some at the finish line.
And as for the pole hang, unless you are referencing some sort of late night activity at the Pteradactyl, this pole will be strictly horizontal.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Sirrixalot said...

Great! I can't run one mile and now I have to run 3. I haven't run that far since the original cake race in '93, but I won a cake there, so don't count me out yet.

I know everyone was waiting for me to say this, so here it goes: "No, you have to hang on my pole!"

And finally, for the Basement Belk guys: I heard from a reliable source that Yarbie's (Scott Yarborough) dad died recently. So, let's raise a toast to him.

7:17 AM  
Blogger willthespill said...

Question- The FG kick, will we be using HS, collegiate, or NFL dimension footballs, or a random selection of whatever turns up?
Curiously,
Mr. Gayvidson.

11:57 AM  
Blogger willthespill said...

OK is anybody reading this anymore-specifically- Hayes- I've got more FG questions in order to fine tune my training. Will this be a pure distance event- longest kick wins (with 1,2, or 3 attempts)? Or more of a 10 different spots to kick from, whoever makes the most wins? Or other?
If I am going to tear a groin muscle practicing, I at least want to know it blew out for an appropriate cause.
Pesteringly,
Will

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home